Ticket and Reservation Policies (ARTS4Youth)
We are looking forward to your visit to the Federal Way Performing Arts and Event Center (PAEC)! For any questions, please feel free to contact our Patron Services Office at 253-835-7010 or firstname.lastname@example.org or our Arts 4 Youth Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Student Matinees are intended for groups of ten students or more.
- Tickets start at $5 per student, with no additional fees or taxes. The first adult per ten students receives a complimentary ticket. All other adults are ticketed at the $5 rate. The only exception is Treasure Island, which is $7.25 per student.
- Completing your reservation requires payment of 10% of your total order, unless using a purchase order. Purchase orders require a purchase order number.
- You will receive an emailed invoice within 24 hours of placing your order. Payment in full is due 30 days before the performance. Orders placed less than 30 days ahead of a performance must be paid in full within 24 hours. You will receive a reminder two weeks ahead of your scheduled performance.
- We accept purchase orders, credit/debit cards, cash, and checks. Please contact our Patron Services Office at 253-835-7010, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your payment to: Performing Arts and Event Center 31510 Pete von Reichbauer Way S Federal Way, WA 98003
- You will receive an email confirmation. You will not receive paper tickets.
- Cancellation requires 30 days’ notice for a full refund. Cancellations after that date cannot be refunded. Lack of full payment is not considered cancellation.
- We offer ticket price and bus funding support through our Performing Arts Foundation. You may ask for consideration on the reservation form. Awards are granted based on free and reduced lunch percentage and are subject to availability.
- Please arrive forty-five minutes prior to your show time. If you are late you may have to wait until a break in the performance to be seated.
- Ushers will guide you directly from your bus to your seats. Seating is General Admission and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Buses may unload in front of the PAEC, then park at Walmart. Bus drivers must be ticketed to attend the show.
- We do not offer refunds for absent students. Policies
- Food and drinks, except water, are not allowed in the theater during Student Matinee performances.
- We do not offer a lunch space. Please leave all food on the bus or in cars. You may consider visiting next-door Town Square Park or nearby Celebration Park.
- We encourage you to leave backpacks on the bus or in cars. They are not allowed in the theater, but may be left in our lobby as designated by our House Manager. We are not responsible for the security of items left in the lobby.
- Recording devices are prohibited during performances.
- Shows are for students, teachers, and chaperones only. We cannot accommodate non-student siblings, infants, and strollers.
- Encourage students to use the restroom before the performance. During the performance a chaperone may escort them out. An usher will let them back into the theater.
- A photographer may be present during educational programs.
- Bus Maps
- The arts belong to all of us! The PAEC is committed to making it possible for all audience members to experience shows and events here, regardless of ability, economic, or social concerns.
- The PAEC is fully accessible to patrons with physical mobility issues.
- Large print and Braille programs are available for all presentations at the PAEC upon advanced notice. Please contact the Patron Services Office 14 days ahead of your scheduled performance with such requests.
- American Sign Language may also be available for certain programs upon request.
- The Performing Arts & Event Center is equipped with a Hearing Loop System, which is the only system that sends the voices of performers from our microphones directly into a hearing aid or cochlear implant. For hearing aids not compatible with the Loop, individuals may request a headset at the Patron Services Office.
- We offer our Patron’s Lounge for students needing a sensory respite. Please see an usher for assistance.
Share these guidelines with your students so that everyone will know what to do and have an enjoyable time.
- Be on time! The show starts with or without you.
- Listen to the ushers and other PAEC staff for instructions about where to go and what to do.
- Always use walking feet and inside voices everywhere at the PAEC.
- No food, gum, or drinks other than water are allowed in the theater.
- The theater will get dark before the show starts. That is the signal to be quiet and ready. Do not get up until the lights go on again.
- Do not use any electronic devices during the show. Videotaping, audio recording, and photographing are prohibited by law and also very distracting for the performers and the rest of the audience.
- Do not talk during the performance, but be sure to laugh if it’s funny, cheer if it’s awesome, gasp if you’re surprised, and clap at the end!