Part-Time Box Office Clerk
Applications are currently being accepted for a part-time box office clerk at the Federal Way Performing Arts and Event Center.
Please review the job description below. Submit resumes to Mac at MacKenzie.McGuire@spectraxp.com
This position will be based at the Federal Way Performing Arts Center. Federal Way is a multipurpose venue designed to host theater, music, dance, art and spoken-word performances. Adjoining event spaces can host more than 300 for gala seating, or be transformed into settings ideal for conferences, seminars, meetings and weddings. The exclusive green room cantilevers over the main lobby. Majestic mountain views are abundant from the PAEC’s perch above the city, an enchanting backdrop for striking event photographs. The entire building is soundproofed, a dream for overlapping events and seamless transitions. For patrons with hearing loss, the advanced hearing loop system throughout the theater puts the presentation directly into their ears. The radically accessible space offers up to 40 handicapped-accessible theater seats. The center is a hybrid: equal parts theater and conference center. You can learn more about our venue here: https://fwpaec.org/
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Receive and process counter, phone and mail ticket orders using various aspects of the ticketing system
- Follow policies and procedures regarding accurate cash handling and ticket reconciliation at the close of each shift.
- Provide correct facility information and superior customer service to patrons
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication
High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong Sales and customer service experience
- Experience handling/reconciling cash and the ability to calculate money with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Must be able to work mornings, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience with in performing arts and box office preferred however, not required
- Microsoft Office
- Audience View Ticketing preferred however, not required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; occasionally moves about the facility to service clients; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Seldom lift/carry up to 50 lbs of files, office machinery, etc.
The essential functions of this position are performed indoors although some events will take place outside and may need outdoor coverage. The noise level in the work environments can range from minimal to loud during events, depending on the incumbent’s location, and minimal during non-event times.