- Tickets are $5 per student, with no additional fees or taxes. The first adult per ten students receives a complimentary ticket. All other adults are ticketed at the $5 rate. Groups with fewer than ten students will be charged $5/person. There is no charge for additional chaperones needed for students with special needs.
- You are guaranteed one chaperone ticket for every ten students. You may request additional chaperone seats at $5 each. Your request will be put on a waiting list and we will notify you of seat availability after we have accommodated all student reservations.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of reservation, unless using a purchase order. Purchase orders require a purchase order number.
- We accept purchase orders, credit/debit cards, cash, and checks. Please contact us at 253-835-7027, Arts4Youth@FWPAEC.org, or mail your payment to:
Performing Arts and Event Center
31510 Pete von Reichbauer Way S
Federal Way, WA 98003
- You will receive an email confirmation. You will not receive paper tickets.
- Cancellation requires 30 days’ notice for a full refund. Cancellations after that date cannot be refunded. Lack of full payment is not considered cancellation.
- Student Matinée tickets are sold only to schools. We do not sell individual or walk-up tickets for these performances.
- We offer ticket price and bus funding support through our Performing Arts Foundation. You may ask for consideration on the reservation form. Awards are granted based on free and reduced lunch percentage and are subject to availability.
- Please arrive thirty minutes prior to your show time. If you are late you may have to wait until a break in the performance to be seated.
- Ushers will guide you directly from your bus to your seats. Seating is General Admission and assigned by the PAEC.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If Federal Way Public Schools announces a late start or cancels school, we will cancel our student matinée.
- If a district outside of Federal Way has a late start or cancels school, we will work with the schools to transfer their tickets to an upcoming student matinée. If there are no seats available, we will refund payment.
- Food and drinks, except water, are not allowed in the theater during Student Matinee performances.
- We do not offer a lunch space. Please leave all food on the bus or in cars. You may consider visiting next-door Town Square Park or nearby Celebration Park.
- We encourage you to leave backpacks on the bus or in cars. They are not allowed in the theater, but may be left in our lobby as designated by our House Manager. We are not responsible for the security of items left in the lobby.
- Recording devices are prohibited during performances.
- Shows are for students, teachers, and chaperones only. We cannot accommodate non-student siblings, infants, and strollers.
- Encourage students to use the restroom before the performance. During the performance a chaperone may escort them out. An usher will let them back into the theater.
- A photographer may be present during educational programs.
- Buses may unload in front of the PAEC, then park in the empty lot next to our parking lot, or at Walmart. Bus drivers must be ticketed to attend the show.
- We do not offer refunds for absent students.
- Chaperones that do not arrive with their child’s class must be greeted by their child’s classroom teacher before we will admit them to the facility.
- The arts belong to all of us! The PAEC is committed to making it possible for all audience members to experience shows and events here, regardless of ability, economic, or social concerns. Please let us know any special needs requests and we will be happy to work with you.
- The PAEC is fully accessible to patrons with physical mobility issues.
- The Performing Arts & Event Center is equipped with a Hearing Loop System, which sends the voices of performers from our microphones directly into a hearing aid or cochlear implant. For hearing aids not compatible with the Loop, individuals may request a headset at the Patron Services Office. American Sign Language interpretation may also be available for certain programs upon request.
- We offer our Patron’s Lounge for students needing a sensory respite. Please see an usher for assistance.
Share these guidelines with your students so that everyone will know what to do and have an enjoyable time.
- Be on time! The show starts with or without you.
- Listen to the ushers and other PAEC staff for instructions about where to go and what to do.
- Always use walking feet and inside voices everywhere at the PAEC.
- No food, gum, or drinks other than water are allowed in the theater.
- The theater will get dark before the show starts. That is the signal to be quiet and ready. Do not get up until the lights go on again.
- Make sure all of the grown-ups have their phones on silent.
- Do not use any electronic devices during the show. Videotaping, audio recording, and photographing are prohibited by law and also very distracting for the performers and the rest of the audience.
- Do not talk during the performance, but be sure to laugh if it’s funny, cheer if it’s awesome, gasp if you’re surprised, and clap at the end!