Submit resumes to Brian.Hoffman@SpectraXP.com
The Production Manager is responsible for duties that directly support the production of performances and events. This position directly oversees the planning and execution of production information for performances and events, coordinates logistical information and communicates that information to stakeholders, and provides general support to the operations at the venue. The Production Manager works closely with a large number of internal and external partners and manages multiple projects concurrently with great attention to detail.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Advances/coordinates production aspects of all events/activities at the venue
- Schedule and coordinate with Operations department for all changeovers of venue.
- Provides an advanced level of expertise in all aspects of technical theatre production including but not limited to lighting, audio, projections, rigging and flys, and scenic elements.
- Produces clean and presentable floor plans, layouts and light plots utilizing CAD technology.
- Meets and works with clients to determine needs and suggest methods for productions.
- Creates production budget for crew and rentals
- Negotiates for and procures production equipment and services from rental companies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with production vendors and service providers.
- Manages both contrating and local crew members.
- Manages the production department in a manner that reflects the highest standards of respect, professionalism and customer service.
- Helps formulate policies relating to production services and implements those policies.
- Demonstrates a talent for amicable problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Maintains files and records of all current and historical projects, productions and events.
- Attends regular staff meetings
- Serves as manager on duty for selected events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree related to Theatrical Production from an accredited institution.
- At least two years relevant experience in a performing arts center environment, preferably a roadhouse.
- Experience working with both IATSE and local (non-union) crews; knowledge of all aspects of production technology, including demonstrable expertise in either sound reinforcement or performance lighting.
- Training or experience in Computer Aided Design.
- Excellent people skills.
- A passion for the performing arts and the ability to provide excellence in their production.
- Ability to self-direct/manage a high number of competing projects simultaneously, with impeccable attention to detail and ability to adhere to established and non-flexible deadlines for project completion.
This job description is subject to change.