Stage Crew/Audio Visual Technician
Submit resumes to Brian.Hoffman@SpectraXP.com
The Stage Crew/AV Tech will be responsible to provide all support, set up, tear down, and maintenance of all audio video and stage equipment to be used at the FWPAEC. The FWPAEC consists of a 717 seat theater, 2 large meetings rooms, 2nd floor Patron’s Lounge meeting space and parking lot/outside terrace.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Supply stage and AV support to all events, shows, concerts, conference level meetings, and City events
- Provide assistance for touring shows for tie-ins to house system as needed for Performing Arts Center
- Support events department in technical needs during set up and running of events
- Provide setup and tear down of all portable systems throughout FWPAEC
- Provide supervision and coordination of audio staff for all events in the PAEC Theater, Multi- purpose meeting room, parking lot and outside terrace, and assist with all events in Event spaces as
- Setup and teardown of Orchestra shel, orchestra ceiling, soft goods.
- Operate fly rail system.
- Stage setup to include risers, soft goods, lighting insturments.
- Providing great customer service to all clients and employees with AV/stage needs
- Maintain equipment storage, ensure orderly and clean storage area
- Support, maintain, and inventory all AV/stage equipment
- Maintain good working relationship with all vendors and clients
- Perform progressive discipline as needed with direct reports
- Responsibility for coordination with marketing department of all video, livestreaming and electronic advertising displayed
- Coordinate with City’s IT department as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience with sound and video equipment including wireless mics, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, video boards, lighting,
- Working knowledge of DMX controls
- Experience with signal routing and patching
- Any electrical engineering experience is a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work events outside normal working day, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to Windows Operating Systems is a plus
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing all phases of audio production and audio production crew
- Demonstrated experience in sound reinforcement
- Experience in light rigging is a plus, experience with special lighting is a plus.
- Three to Four (3-4) years of experience in Audio Visual and stage production
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and outdoors in all types of weather The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days. Management reserves the right to ask AV/stage crew to stay onsite and on duty during paid lunchbreaks, when Event schedule requires.
This job description is subject to change.