The Federal Way Performing Arts & Event Center invites you to experience our 2019 – 2020 Arts 4 Youth season specifically designed for school groups! The performances are one-hour long daytime presentations that bring the magic of live theater to students. Student Matinées align with and support Washington State and Common Core learning standards. We have designed study guides, lesson plans and other resources to help teachers deepen the learning experience, make connections to other subjects, and introduce students to the performing arts. Pre-show in-class lessons by our arts educator are available at no extra charge. Lessons cover your upcoming show, connect the arts with other core subjects, and are customized to your grade level. The Arts 4 Youth program is sponsored by the Federal Way Performing Arts Foundation and their generous supporters. We strongly believe in ensuring access to the performing arts and providing inspiring opportunities for everyone. See you at the show!
Interested in attending?
Tickets are $5 per student, with no additional fees or taxes. The first adult per ten students receives a complimentary ticket. All other adults are ticketed at the $5 rate. Groups with fewer than ten students will be charged $5/person. Performances start at 10:00 AM and will begin promptly. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime to allow for seating, which is first come, first served. For more information, visit our Policies and Reservation Information page.
Theaterworks Group Visits
Want your class to find out even more about the performing arts? Try a Theaterworks Tour! Get a behind the scenes peek at all of the parts of the theater you don’t see from the audience. Hear from the staff of the PAEC about what it takes to run a performing arts facility. Do the work of a real actor through fun theater games.
Our Theaterworks Tours are designed for 4th grade and older and up to 30 students. Visits last approximately 1.5–2 hours and cost $5/student. A tour may be combined with attendance at a student matinée for a $25 flat fee per school. Please note that scheduling the visit must necessarily accommodate other events happening in the facility.
2019-2020 Arts 4 Youth Season Coming Soon!
Share these guidelines with your students so that everyone will know what to do and have an enjoyable time.
- Be on time! The show starts with or without you.
- Listen to the ushers and other PAEC staff for instructions about where to go and what to do.
- Always use walking feet and inside voices everywhere at the PAEC.
- No food, gum, or drinks other than water are allowed in the theater.
- The theater will get dark before the show starts. That is the signal to be quiet and ready. Do not get up until the lights go on again.
- Make sure all of the grown-ups have their phones on silent.
- Do not use any electronic devices during the show. Videotaping, audio recording, and photographing are prohibited by law and also very distracting for the performers and the rest of the audience.
- Do not talk during the performance, but be sure to laugh if it’s funny, cheer if it’s awesome, gasp if you’re surprised, and clap at the end!