Ticketing and Attendance Policies:
- All shows are recommended only for individuals 5 or older. All individuals- regardless of their age- are required to have a ticket in order to be admitted into the theatre. Babes in arms are not permitted.
- The PAEC is a tobacco-free property.
- Firearms are not permitted on PAEC property.
- Capture of any performance, performers, or scenic elements through photograph, video, sound recording, or other means is prohibited.
- Electronic devices should be silenced before the performance begins.
- Your admission serves as permission for complimentary use of your image for promotional purposes.
- Programming and performance times are subject to change.
- Only drinks purchased from the Ellingson Bar & Café, in appropriate cups, will be permitted in the theatre. No food is allowed.
- Latecomers will be seated at the House Manager’s discretion.
- All ticket purchases are final and cannot be refunded. Certain tickets may be eligible for an exchange with a fee. Contact the Patron Services Office for details.
- It is our expectation that all persons at the PAEC treat each other respectfully. We reserve the right to relocate or remove any person who disregards our commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and respect.
- Online: www.fwpaec.org
- By Phone: 253-835-7010
- In Person: At the Box Office, located just inside the main entrance of the PAEC.
Lost or forgotten tickets? Call 253-835-7010 or stop by one of our Will Call windows (open 2 hours before the start of a performance).
Memberships and Subscriptions
We offer a variety of subscriptions and memberships, many customizable to make your season with us the best it can be. For more information please visit the Subscriptions tab under the Box Office tab or contact the Box Office.
Ticket Exchanges & Donations
All ticket purchases are regarded as final and only tickets to certain performances may be exchanged. If you are a Subscriber, you may exchange your tickets from one date of a show to another date. Subscription or membership tickets may be exchanged without an additional fee; single-show tickets are assessed a fee for exchange privileges.
Please note that ALL tickets are non-refundable.
You may also donate your tickets back to the PAEC by calling the Box Office. We cannot guarantee that ticket donations are tax deductible.
It is rare for a performance at the Performing Arts and Event Center to be canceled due to inclement weather, but in the case that a show is canceled, we will post information on our website, social media and phone system and will make every effort to contact all affected ticket holders.
If the performance is still scheduled but inclement weather makes it impossible for you to attend, please contact Patron Services at 253-835-7010. Our Patron Services Representatives will help you consider all the options. Due to contracts with performers and production companies, options for day-of show exchanges vary and we may not be able to exchange tickets. All ticket donations or exchanges need to be completed at least two hours before the performance, and tickets are non-refundable.
Performances and Calendar
A full listing of our upcoming performances may be found under Calendar, within the dropdown menu under Shows at the top of your screen. For questions related to upcoming performances, show times or tickets, please call the Box Office.
Please visit this link for Arts 4 Youth program information .
Tickets for our student matinees are $5 per person, unless otherwise noted, and are available now. For more information about student matinees or Arts 4 Youth, email Arts4Youth@fwpaec.org. To purchase tickets, call 253-835-7010.
Theater Doors Open
Our lobby doors open 2 hours before each performance; seating begins roughly 30 minutes before curtain, at the discretion of our Technical Supervisor. Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager.
The PAEC offers a variety of accessibility services to our patrons, including but not limited to a variety of ADA accessible seating, Braille and large print programs and a state of the art hearing loop within our lobby, event spaces and auditorium. Listening devices may be rented through the box office on the day of your performance. For more information and to request services, please contact the Box Office at 253-835-7010 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bringing Little Ones
The PAEC recommends most of its performances for ages 13 and older. Our student matinees, programming through our Arts 4 Youth program and some other shows are suitable for children 6-12 The PAEC does not admit toddlers or babes in arms. For information about the content of a certain performance, please call the Box Office or visit our site pages regarding each show.
While there is no formal dress code at the PAEC many patrons dress as they would for a special occasion. A shirt, shoes and bottoms are required; layers are highly recommended.
Food & Drink
Refreshments and snacks are available at the Ellingson Bar and Café in our lobby before each performance through our in-house caterer, Savor. The PAEC is also conveniently located across 320th street from the Federal Way Commons, which includes food-court style Greek, Latin, Hawaiian, American and Italian cuisine. For questions related to food, drink or catering within our facilities, please email director of Food and Beverage Autumn Gressett at Autumn.Gressett@fwpaec.org.
Please note that outside food is prohibited in the lobby and food of any kind is prohibited in the theater. Drinks in certain cups with a lid may be taken into the theater.
Please Do Not Bring
- Pets. Service Animals are, of course, welcome.
- Firearms, Explosives, or Weapons of any kind
- Cameras and Audio Recording Equipment
- Unapproved Flyers or Pamphlets
Thank you for your understanding!